Sunday, June 13, 2010

Sunday walk with the Birthday Girl--6.28 miles


My Sunday walk is not as beautiful as my Saturday walk through Sands Point.
I did see this cactus flower by the water, though.
It's unusual to see a cactus plant growing wild in Port Washington.  Somebody  must have planted it there.  Pretty.

You know that Sunday walks are usually with my friend Joan.  I've been talking about her birthday for a while.  Tomorrow is the big day. 
This is the face of an 80 year old woman.
80 never looked so good!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOAN!
These flowers are growing by the water.  I think they're beach plum ... not sure.
I'm going to enlarge some of my "Flowers of Port Washington" to see how they really look.  If they're good I'm going to try to sell them ... checks written to Susan G. Komen.  Whaddya think?

5 comments:

  1. beautiful! the gal AND the flowers!

    smiles, bee
    xoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am impressed with your friend Joan, I love the flowers but lets talk about boobies :>

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope I look half as good at 80...

    ...and how freaking early do you get up to walk? I'm not even coherent, and you're done...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Roberta, great idea w/the flower photos. Check out this website & consider making some cards or calendars from your photos. Maybe they will be a more appealing raffle or donation item...although I am looking forward to winning that toaster!

    Keep up the great work!!

    http://www.photographersedge.com

    Nora (& Finny buddy & jazzy)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with Thumper. Of course, you've experienced how incoherent I am at 6am... about as incoherent as you are at midnight. Har!

    LOVE LOVE LOVE these flower photos. These are not phone photos, are they?

    ReplyDelete