Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Sunday Walk

It was a beautiful morning.
Great day for a walk.
Joan and I met and walked and talked for a few miles ... then I dropped her off and continued on.  I took lots of pictures of flowers and water scenes ... but I love this picture of the egret (is that what this is?)
...
As I was rounding the water, I said hello to a group of walkers and one asked "Is that a pink ribbon on your shirt?"  They are training for the Avon 2-day in October.  I told them I did the 2-day once and that first day was a killer!!! One of the walkers said "What's 26 miles?  You walk slow and you eat, eat, eat! I've done it so many times, I intend to walk in heels this year!!!"  I'm telling you folks ... 26 miles in a day is a lot!
She invited me to join them but I was near the end of my walk.  I wish I had taken her name ... looked like a fun group.
...
 Here's a lovely house decorated for Easter.
I hope you have a beautiful holiday.

5 comments:

  1. at first i thought you decorated for easter (for jeter of course) but then i remembered and laughed at my stupidity!

    smiles, bee
    xoxxooxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not stupid at all AB. I bought blue and white lights for Chanukah and decorated the ficus benjamina. You never know what I will do next!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ♫ Egrets, I've seen a few, but then again, too few to mention...♫

    What's 26 miles?

    The midway point between the first and second circles of Hell, I think...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha! I'm tired now. I just lost another game ... And it was my game with YOU Thumper.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's a snowy egret, assuming the bill is dark and feet are yellow.

    Sarge, Mr TF had boobs for Easter.

    ReplyDelete