Sunday, May 1, 2011

Pounding the Pavement

Spring has definitely sprung in Port.
Yesterday kids were planting on Main Street ... and the Sportsman's Club had kids fishing off the town dock ... and pee wee soccer players were on the field.  There was a boy on a pogo stick having the best time!  People were soaking in the beautiful weather and enjoying our beautiful community.
The trees are in bloom ... the birds are out in full force ... this is what I wait for!
I love the spring!
...
I walked 6 miles yesterday and another 6 today.  I'm building up to a training walk to Coney Island (20 miles) later this month.  Hope I can make it!  It was the highlight of our training walks last year.  
Next weekend I'm meeting Lesley (and possibly TY) for a walk through Central Park.  I loved exploring the park last year.  It was a true treat!
...
TY asked about my new walking shoes.  
I have always walked in New Balance and have always been happy.  Unfortunately, the style was changed up a bit, and the new style is a bit uncomfortable for me.  So ... I bought Brooks Adrenaline GTS and ... I LOVE THEM!!!  They are great for my wide feet (and tiny toes!)  It wasn't easy to change from the shoes I've been wearing for the last 11 years ... but, in this case, change is GOOD!

3 comments:

  1. I had to make the move from New Balance to Brooks last year. I think I tried on every freaking pair of NB shoes in the NB store, couldn't find a thing that didn't hurt. :/

    Wound up in Brooks Glycerin running shoes and they're awesome. I could live without the $130 price tag, though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. These shoes are like walking in slippers! I love them. Mine weren't as expensive, though ... and I think I get a discount next time I go to Jack Rabbit in the city.
    Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. all this spring beauty and my nose dripping....

    ReplyDelete