Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Get Started Meetings

When I registered for my first walk in 2000, I attended a "Get Started Meeting" in a town near my home. At that time, there was a 3-day event in New York, so I didn't have to travel far. I walked into the meeting alone ... but immediately felt a part of something very big! It was inspirational. Get Started Meetings include information on training and fundraising ... and prepare you for an incredible experience.

I looked at this year's calendar of events and found that the closest meetings are either in Massachusetts or New Jersey. The great thing about the Breast Cancer 3-day is that they will find any way to get you there ... and that means "Over-the Phone Get Started Meetings" so that will be the route I take.


Here's another thing: You don't have to be a walker to attend a Get Started Meeting! If you would like to learn more about the Breast Cancer 3-Day ... you're invited to attend a meeting! What a great opportunity for you to become even more involved than you are now as a reader of my blog!!!!!


Here's a link for you to explore. Let me know if you're going to attend something really special!

No comments:

Post a Comment