I am not sure Val could have taken a tighter shot of me eating my Original Nathan's hotdog (with all the trimmings ... except the onions.)
Val, Burt, and I made the trek to Coney Island from Penn Station in perfect walking weather. It was a huge difference from my last training walk to Coney Island when the weather was in the 90s! We completed the 21 miles in 7 hours with a few stops for pictures and bathroom breaks. There was no whining AT ALL!!!! Here are a few pieces of information that you might or might not find interesting:
- I wore a new ... never before worn pair of New Balance shoes and they were PERFECT!!! Thanks to Mark, the manager of New Balance in Carle Place.
- The soreness in my left thigh was NOT from the walk. It was from the aerobic dance class that kicked my butt (and thighs) Thursday night!
- A Nathan's original hotdog has over 300 calories and a "D" nutritional grade. I did not eat the buns but I did eat two AMAZING hot dogs ... DELICIOUS! A well deserved lunch after 21 miles!
- I canceled my manicure to do this training walk.
- I clearly need a manicure.
I received a very generous donation from Darci the other day. More about that tomorrow. I am now very close to another benchmark ... so I have increased my personal fund raising goal to $5500. As of today, the 6 members of Burt's Babes have raised $36,754.82. Not too shabby. I am really very proud to be a part of this little team.
I am posting the following picture for a friend who always liked shots of this location: