Monday, October 8, 2012

"In lieu of a favor ..."

Yesterday, my niece Amanda had her bridal shower.  Her Matron of Honor, Megan, asked if she could have the party here in Port as she lives in Massachusetts and Amanda's friends would be coming from NY.  Of course my answer was yes.  I love Amanda and was thrilled that I could be a part the celebration leading up to her wedding.
Megan showed her appreciation by making a donation, in Amanda's honor, to the 3-Day (I added the notepad and pen ...)
This delighted me.
If you are reading this Megan ... I thank you again.  
It means so much to me, and Amanda's friends and family were pleased as well.
...
I think our t-shirt design is finalized and the order will be placed today.  I am sure that Win Goldman, my new best friend who is having the shirts printed, will be happy not to get another "just one more thing ..." email from me.  I have a hard time being the one to make the decision.  I need a committee and there wasn't one of those this time.  Hopefully the finished product will please all those "Babes" who will be wearing it!
...
Next and final "Burt" training walk will be Saturday ... Penn Station to Coney Island.  I did this one once before and, although I whined and whined down Ocean Parkway in Brooklyn, arriving on the boardwalk in Coney Island was amazing!
Stay tuned!
BOOBIES!

2 comments:

  1. roberta every time i get to the end of your post and you say boobies i cry... with happiness.

    hugs, bee
    xoxoxoxoox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try NOT to forget ...
      But I will NEVER forget the man who loved that word!
      Love-R

      Delete