Monday, October 5, 2009

60 miles down ... 60 more to go?

I'm on the plane, goin' home, after an amazing visit to San Francisco ... a beautiful city. I saw 60 miles of that city on a wonderful walking tour! I'm trying to upload pictures ... but I guess that's not as easy to do at 40,000 feet. (I have a lot of pictures ... so don't worry ... I'll get to that later.)
I want you to know that I walked every step ... slept in a tent ... showered in a truck ... ate sitting on a piece of cardboard on the ground ... met wonderful friends ... and have decided to walk again. Heck ... I didn't get one blister so why not! I'm hoping that Debra will train and raise funds so that she can experience this with me.
I want you to know that I raised almost $6000 with your help! The San Francisco walkers and crew raised almost $5 million for research and awareness. That's only San Francisco ... don't forget there are many other walks.
I carried you ALL in my heart ... and carried ribbons in honor of survivors or in memory of those we lost to cancer. I walked for my mom ... my friends Cynthia, Phyllis, and YOU AUNTIE BEE!!! I also walked in memory of my friend Lisa. It was an emotional journey.
Thank you for continuing to read what I have to say. I promise to jazz it up with some great photos!
Love--Roberta

5 comments:

  1. i am so proud of you honey. so proud. thank you...

    hugs, bee
    xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are an awesome person! Hope to spend way more time with you the next time our paths cross. And thank you for walking for a cure, I am so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so proud of you too, you big nut! What a great event on every level. Many hugs and headbutts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Roberta for a walk well done! From the pictures I've seen on FB and flicker...looks like it was a magical wonderful weekend. How the heck did you not get any blisters? I must wear totally the wrong socks and shoes. So proud of you!

    ReplyDelete