Sunday, June 26, 2011

Late Night at the Hitchfest!

It was a late night at the Hitchfest and I woke up pretty tired.
The LIRR is working on the lines so I would have had to take a bus to another station ... then the trip would have taken over an hour ... then Lesley and TY and I would have had to take a subway to Brooklyn ... so I canceled and decided to take in the sights in Port. (pictured is Baxter Pond.  Prettier than Mill Pond ... )
I strolled most of the second half of the walk.  I sat down a few times ... checked my phone ... even got a little shut-eye!  I walked 7 miles or so, though.  I started late and I don't like that.  It was pretty warm ... but not horrible. (Not like it's going to be in the Funshine State!)
...
We didn't know what to expect last night ... but the hitchfest was beautiful.  The weather was perfect for an outdoor wedding right on the water.  Here's a picture of the bride and groom making their entrance:
 (A lot more fun than the family station wagon that took me to my wedding!)
Hors d'oeuvres were served outside and the dinner was under a tent.  I loved it.  It was a great night.
I'm tired now.  Think I'll take a nap!

2 comments:

  1. I got a late start today and I didn't even have Hitchfest as an excuse...the freaking heat is gonna kill me, though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, it is cool here in the "funshine" state, rain for the past three days and more to come today, we need it.

    ReplyDelete