Saturday, September 17, 2011

Training Walk ... Penn Station to Bay Ridge, Brooklyn--19 miles

I think this is in Gowanus in Brooklyn.  The picture is out of order ... but I like it.  Posing with these two was fun!

Burt's Babes met in Penn Station.  I didn't know any of these people last year.  This year we're such good friends.  I guess that's what happens when you walk and walk together for hours.  Here we are at "Eyes" (yeah ... sure)  We had decided that we will walk together in Dallas next year ... to honor Burt.
I thought you might like this one, Sarge.
What are those two doing?
Disturbing?  
This is one of the gazillion pictures I took of the Freedom Tower.  Actually, it's just before the sculpture.
Here I am with my tentmate, Lesley.  
We walked over the Brooklyn Bridge, one of my favorite things to do.  Mickey Mouse was actually on the Bridge ... I gave him a dollar and posed with him ... but I'm not posting it here!  That's just too touristy!
After we walked through Prospect Park ... we met these two lovely boys on Ocean Parkway.  
I asked "Who's Buck and who's Wayne?"  They answered "They're made up names!"
They sold the BEST candy!
I love Reese's!
We walked through so many neighborhoods in Brooklyn.  It's an amazing borough and I love it.  We ended up in Bay Ridge.  You might remember Bay Ridge from Saturday Night Fever.  We stopped at a fabulous restaurant for a well deserved lunch.  We were hungry after 19 miles!
We took the R train out of Bay Ridge and the 3 train to the Village to visit TY and her brood.
It was a great day.  
I'm tired but feeling great. 
I can do this folks!

3 comments:

  1. oh boy EYEBALLS!!! and of course you can do it, you are my hero!

    smiles, bee
    xooxoxoxox

    ps: john g's reopened today, we haven't been yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Disturbing? Yes very disturbing........ NEXT :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'm adding the Brooklyn Bridge to my bucket list... well, that and NYC in general.

    You seem to have the most fun training...

    ReplyDelete