Friday, October 28, 2011

Breast Cancer Claims Another Brave Woman

When my friend Denielle told me her mother was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2010 ... she was upbeat and KNEW her mother would BEAT THE BEAST!
It didn't play out the way the family and friends of Joanie Balsari thought it would.
Today we said goodbye to another brave woman.
I never knew Joanie ... although I knew she couldn't be anything but amazing ... because Denielle is just that!
I learned about Joanie as I waited to hug Denielle and her dad.  She clearly was amazing!
Hundreds of her friends paid tribute to her.
Letters from her students decorated the walls of Connell's.
The pictures showed a vibrant ... beautiful woman.
I knew that she fought breast cancer with all her might.
As hard as she fought, though, in the end ... she lost the battle.
...
So ... in memory of Joan Balsari and the women who lost their battle today
and in honor of those women who conquered this disease

I WILL WALK AGAIN!
I will walk because I CAN ... 
and because EVERYONE DESERVES A LIFETIME!
Will you be join'n me? 

3 comments:

  1. Aw man...I am so, so sorry for your friend. Sucketh much, this disease does...

    ReplyDelete
  2. so sorry about your friend, cancer sucks, trust me, i know.

    but miss r is just the energizer bunny....... look out dallas, someone is going to walk on you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry to hear about your friend's Mom. Cancer stinks - every kind - and you are amazing to walk each year! Congrats on your Atlanta 60!

    ReplyDelete