Saturday, August 7, 2010

BlogHer Conference ... visit from the Food Lady ... true walking in my size 8s--0 miles ... walking in flip-flops--endless

I haven't officially walked in a few days ...but I did stand next to former Olympian, Mr. Bruce Jenner at the BlogHer Conference yesterday.  Does that count?
I'm in NYC with Karen "The Food Lady" Nichols... enjoying a fun, informative, inspiring, and "swag filled" two days.
Listening to other people talk about their blogs makes me want to do more!  In fact, I think I'm going to start a new blog about my school as a job target this year. Will you follow me, my friends???
...
On the train home last night, I happened to meet a man who was eavesdropping on my conversation with Ronnie about the conference. (He couldn't help it ... I was loud!) He turned out to be a very nice guy whose wife was recently diagnosed with breast cancer.  I guess she had a lumpectomy ... because he told me she is fine and doesn't need further therapy.  That's great news ... and if you're reading this Stephen, I'm glad I met you and hope your wife continues to enjoy good health!  I will walk the 60 miles with her in mind!
...
My training walk guru, Burt Lipshie, is finishing up his first walk in Chicago as I write this.  He is a great ... truly inspirational friend.  This is the first of two walks he'll be completing this year.  He's probably finished ... waiting for closing ceremonies.  In an email he sent before leaving for Chicago, he wrote the following:  "I will have finished 500 3-day miles ... and will have raised over $120,000 in the fight against (Breast Cancer.)  Burt walks for his cousin Judy ... but he walks "in honor of all the survivors ... and he walks to keep his children and grandchildren and everyone you love safe from this monster!"
Thank you Burt ... for everything you do ...
and thank you to my supporters who are with me every step of my journey!
 

4 comments:

  1. oh i am so jealous of you going to blogher with out me! ha ha ha

    smiles, bee
    xoxoxoxoxoox

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, is Bruce as creepy in person as he seems on TV? He used to be cute...

    I are jealous, one of these days I'll be able to go to a BlogHer. And yes, you should keep blogging. It's therapeutic, except when you have to self censor ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Correction: Burt is finishing TODAY! I'm just a little confused! (he's still my hero)

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are rubbing sholders with the stars, will you still talk to me.

    ReplyDelete