Wednesday, August 25, 2010

A visit with Mickey--7.67 miles


OK ... so I hear that Mercury is in retrograde so that explains why my camera doesn't work. (and the garage door ... and the backflow device ... etc.)  There aren't many flowers left anyway.  This picture was taken with my phone.
...
I haven't walked in almost a week.  I'm having a lot of trouble with my feet.  The latest is pain in my heal.  I decided to get back in the size 8s and take a walk to the Feline Veterinary Hospital to visit with Mickey, who has been a patient there since Monday. (Mercury again.)  I ended up walking 7.67 miles in about 5 hours (kidding ... but it felt like 5 hours.)  I wore my new shoes ... taking my mom's advice and lacing the tight (right) shoe from the top down.  It actually worked!  (She heard that on Dr. Oz ... so thank you Dr. O!)  I'm limping tonight, though.  A little worried about San Francisco.  I hope to get an appointment with the orthopedist ... but I won't be taking any cortisone shots.  No way!
...
While in Provincetown, I did take several walks including a long one that was probably 9 or 10 miles.  (I didn't wear the GPS ... duhr.)  Provincetown is such a beautiful place.  My long walk took me on a trail through the dunes to the National Seashore.  It was fabulous.  I did climb the dunes a few times ... so I'm counting that as cross training!  I put together an album ... I'll try to link to it on this blog.  (I'm putting it on my Facebook page ... so, if you're interested please have a look.)
...
Summer is almost over and it's back to school next week.  Before you know it ... I'll be on my way to San Francisco.  That went fast!

2 comments:

  1. hi honey! it's so good to be home! i am glad mickey is better, i didn't know he was a sick boy, so sorry...

    hugs, bee
    xoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. we are home, sorry mickey was sick i read about it in my reader on the boat.

    ReplyDelete