Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Nancy Goodman Brinker


While I was waiting for my car to be serviced this afternoon, Nancy Goodman Brinker was at the White House receiving the nation's highest civilian honor from the President of the United States. I watched CNN as she and 15 other "agents of change," received the 2009 Presidential Medal of Honor. President Obama said:

"Before her sister died, Nancy Goodman Brinker promised her that she would do everything she could to make sure another family wouldn't go through that pain. The next morning she woke up thinking, 'How can I keep that promise? I'm only one person.' Well, every day of Nancy's life since then has been an example of what 'only one person' can do."

I watched with pride as she received her medal ... proud of Nancy Brinker ... and proud that, because you have decided to support me on this walk, thousands of dollars in my name will benefit Susan G. Komen for the cure.

Thank you.


To learn more about Nancy Goodman Brinker click here!

No comments:

Post a Comment