Sunday, August 30, 2009

Home ... Kathleen Masterson ... Thorlos

Home!
I had such a great time in Provincetown ... it was hard to leave. (It always is!)
...
A few days ago, while walking down Commercial Street, I stopped at a very small craft and jewelry fair. I met a woman who makes "smoothy" (beach stone) necklaces. I stopped to talk to her because I had seen and admired her beach stone jewelry in a shop in town. Her name is Kathleen Masterson. She looked at my 3-day shirt and asked if I was doing the walk. She told me that she was recently diagnosed with breast cancer and will start her therapy in a few weeks. I will add Kathleen's name to the list of those women for whom I walk.
If you would like to visit her website it's www.kemdesigns.net.
...
I walked 16 miles today. That's 2 miles less than I had wanted to walk.
I'm showing my Thorlo socks in this picture.
I recently ordered 3 pair of these Thorlos for long distance walking. I was asked to write a review of the socks ... then those nice Thorlo folk asked me to post a picture of me in my socks.
Whaddya think?

1 comment: