Monday, July 18, 2011

The 3 (day) Amigulls

These gulls were "singing" up a storm at the town dock this morning  I was going to call them the 3 tenors ... but then thought the 3 amigulls was better.  Then I thought I'd throw in (day) and really make it fit my walker blog.  
So here they are ... the 3(day) amigulls.
They were NOISY!!!!
 The tide was low and I didn't see "my" swans this morning. I was disappointed.  No swan pictures today.
...
The summer heatwave is here.  The weather report for the next week is 3H ... hazy, hot, humid. I was able to start out early this morning, so it wasn't too bad.  That will be the plan for the week.  I don't like to start walking late morning, anyway.
...
I'm still thinking of the McCartney (or "macca" as some of us now call him) concert.  Amazing!
Of all the wonderful songs, though, the one that is stuck in my head is
"someone's knocking at the door, somebody's ringing the bell.
someone's knocking at the door, somebody's ringing the bell.
do me a favor ... open the door ...
and let 'em in."
Really. 
Couldn't it have been "Let it Be" or "Blackbird" stuck in my head?!

3 comments:

  1. don't let those birds peck your eyes out honey!

    smiles, bee
    xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thanks...you had to shove that song into my head, too, didn't you...?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was a student at Ft Monmouth NJ in 1964 when they came to NY, I could not get a pass to go see them......

    ReplyDelete