Saturday, July 9, 2011

R.I.P. Big D ... whoever you were

I took a different route today.  I had to pick up Mickey's meds at the Feline
Veterinary Hospital ... then I went to Uncle Giuseppe's for a banana ... and walking back I noticed police cars holding up the traffic.
 
As I approached Nassau Knolls (our village cemetery) I heard the music and saw the signs "R.I.P Big D"  I tried to get a better look because it looked like a lively procession.  The reggae music was playing at a respectful volume... and the big truck with the sound system was slowly trying to pass under the entrance to the cemetery.
I have NEVER seen so many flowers!
Is it disrespectful to take pictures?


Big D arrived in this hearse.
Amazing.
Big D must have been loved because his mourners filled Nassau Knolls today.
...
I couldn't stay ... I had to move along ... but I would have liked to pay my respects. 
Rest in Peace Big D.

  

1 comment:

  1. Wow, cool hearse, Big D knows how to travel....
    tell jeter he has to stop by my place......

    ReplyDelete