Monday, July 25, 2011

Walking in Normal Temps!

The heatwave is over ... for now!
I walked my regular 7 mile (or so) route this morning and didn't feel like the heat would do me in!  I didn't have to look for sprinklers to walk through.  I was actually able to walk more than 4 miles!
The Boston walkers had quite a weekend.  They walked through extreme heat ... and storms ... and they had to cut short their route Friday and Saturday.  But I'm sure they felt the amazing camaraderie shared by thousands of walkers and crew participating in the Susan G. Komen 3-day for the Cure. 
...
I walk past this sign every day.
It's the Roberta Nixon homes ... not the Roberta Harris homes.
I'll just show the "Roberta" ... it's almost like having my name in lights ... well ... on a brick wall.
The end.

3 comments:

  1. it's still hot here. surprised? ha ha ha

    smiles, bee
    xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. In about 20 hours the spouse of a Boston Walker is going to mutter "Enough with the walk talk!" but will hopefully have enough class to not say it out loud. It's hard to not get obnoxious about it for a couple of weeks after...and with the heat issues they had, they have even more to talk about.

    I'm gonna feel really bad about complaining about the heat this weekend...though I will... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is Roberta Harris, they just did not know how to spell Harris. Speaking of boobs, stop by my place.......

    ReplyDelete