Thursday, July 21, 2011

It's Just Too Hot!

I did NOT walk today.
I saw a few people walking and I even saw a guy RUNNING up our hill ...
but I did not walk.
It's just too hot.
But ... I did some Susan G. Komen 3-day for the Cure business.
I received a donation that took me over $1500 ...
and I did my online check-in.
I have my tentmate ... and ...
I'm good to go.
Speaking of good to go ...
Boston walkers are probably in bed now ... getting reading for day 1 tomorrow.
The route takes the walkers right through my hometown ... Natick.  I wish that had been the route when Beth, Beth, and I walked in Boston years ago. I think I could have rounded up a few old friends for a cheering station!
...
I'm going to try to get out early enough to beat the heat tomorrow morning.
Let's see if I can do it.

3 comments:

  1. Better safe than sorry, for sure. I have embraced the treadmill on hot days, so other than laziness, I never really have an excuse. But when you don't have one, hot is a very good excuse indeed.

    I need to do my online check in... after that the travel anxiety begins ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. agree, when it's too hot it is not safe, especially if you are far from home and have a heat problem honey... then who would feed jeter "properly"?

    hugs, bee
    xoxooxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok, it is 6 am, are you out walking?

    ReplyDelete